Accreditations and Certifications
Our WCHN Cancer Centers have participated in quality programs for cancer care for more than 20 years. Our voluntary participation demonstrates our commitment to provide the best in cancer care. Our accreditation and certification programs include:
- American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer (CoC) promotes quality through comprehensive standards that guide treatment and ensure patient-centered cancer care. Both Danbury and Norwalk Hospitals were recognized with the Outstanding Achievement Award. To achieve this, all 29 standards in clinical management, quality improvement, research, cancer center data management, community outreach and cancer committee leadership must be met
- The National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC) is a consortium of national, professional organizations focused on breast health and dedicated to the improvement of quality outcomes of patients with diseases of the breast through evidence-based standards and patient and professional education.
- The American College of Radiology (ACR) Radiation Oncology Accreditation program represents the highest level of quality and patient safety in radiation oncology and includes a peer review evaluation.
- Breast Imaging Center of Excellence (BICOE) by the ACR is awarded to sites that demonstrate compliance to practice guidelines and technical standards in all breast-imaging modalities.
- Quality Oncology Practice Initiative™ (QOPI).The medical oncology practice has achieved certification in this quality assessment program designed to promote excellence in cancer care.
- Joint Commission Advanced Certification for Palliative Care recognizes hospital inpatient programs that demonstrate exceptional patient and family-centered care in order to optimize the quality of life. This designation was awarded to Danbury Hospital in 2015.