Founded in 1921, New Milford Hospital (NMH) is a regional, not-for-profit, 85-bed community hospital, offering acute and outpatient services for the vast majority of health care needs in the community. The Hospital's medical staff comes from many of the finest training programs in the country, delivering comprehensive and compassionate patient care. In 2010, NMH affiliated with Danbury Hospital, forming Western Connecticut Health Network.
We have grown to become a regional healthcare provider serving patients in western Connecticut and eastern New York State with a tradition of caring, personal attention backed by highly skilled nurses, world-class technology and some of the newest, most advanced diagnostic and treatment options available. From our renowned regional cancer center and 24/7 emergency department, to the thriving one-day surgery, orthopedic joint and spine services, imaging centers and sleep medicine program, we have consistently achieved patient satisfaction rankings among the nation's top community hospitals.
Some points of interest include:
- The New Milford Hospital Regional Cancer Center, opened in 1999, provides one of the state's most successful oncology programs with patients from more than 100 surrounding communities; our patients benefit from very active research and support programs, including clinical trials for treatment and prevention, as well as leading-edge treatments, such as radiopharmaceutical therapies and partial breast radiation for early breast cancers;
- NMH was among the first hospitals in the state to offer intensity modulated radiation therapy (IMRT), smart-beam radiation tailored to each patient, and high dose rate radiation (HDR) therapy on site;
- NMH has a $5.5 million, state-of-the-art one-day surgery center, including endoscopy suites and operating rooms updated in 2010 to enhance patient safety and comfort;
- the 24/7 emergency department consistently ranks among the best in Connecticut with doctors trained at major trauma centers, treating nearly 20,000 patients annually; its innovative paramedic intercept program supplements local ambulance squads with an advanced emergency support dispatched from the hospital;
- NMH provides one of the highest nurse-to-patient ratios in the state, and currently enjoys one of the state's lowest nursing vacancy rates;
- beautiful beginnings are provided at our Family Birthing Center with state-of-the-art care by obstetrician/gynecologists, labor and maternity nurses and other professionals dedicated to the health of you and your newborn;
- the most sophisticated diagnostic imaging equipment is available at New Milford Hospital including a 1.5 Tesla fixed MRI, a 64-slice low-dose CT Scanner, Varian Trilogy linear accelerator, PET scanning, and digital mammography;
- a 24/7 hospitalist program gives patients and families in the hospital more immediate access to physicians specializing in inpatient medicine.
NMH successfully achieves and maintains accreditation by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations and many other accreditation agencies.