Do you sleep like a log but feel unrefreshed in the morning and tired during the day? Do you toss and turn all
night? If so, you may be one of the almost 50 million Americans who suffer from a sleep disorder. Most are unaware of their problem and may only be alerted to it by a bed partner.
Symptoms of sleep disorders include:
- Snoring, usually loud
- Gaps or irregularities in breathing during sleep (usually noted by bed partner)
- Unrefreshing sleep
- Daytime sleepiness and napping
- Restless sleep
- Difficulty getting to sleep or staying asleep
- Painful or crawling sensations in legs while sitting quietly or lying in bed
- Jerking of limbs, particularly legs, during sleep
- Weak spells associated with anger or laughter
- Vivid, frightening, or violent dreams
If you experience these symptoms, it's time to wake up to the problem. Diagnosis and treatment of your sleep disorder is as close as your telephone. Call us today at The Center for Sleep Medicine at 860-350-7343.