Why Call a Chaplain
New Milford Hospital’s Spiritual Care Department is available for the spiritual and emotional support of all patients, their friends and family, regardless of religious affiliation. There is no charge for our inpatient services.
Our chaplain is available to help you with any emotional or spiritual issues that may arise during your hospital stay.
- You are having a difficult time coping with the stress of illness and hospitalization.
- You are discouraged, anxious, grieving, afraid or sad.
- You need support in coping with a difficult diagnosis or prognosis.
- Your family member needs emotional and/or spiritual support during a code, a long hospitalization, a difficult situation, etc.
- You have a specific religious need or question or would like to see a specific clergy person.
- When you feel lonely, isolated, or have few visitors.
- A difficult ethical or moral issue exists, and you or your family need to explore your beliefs.
- You are dealing with end-of-life issues and need a companion for the journey.
- When religious practice or an event (like a wedding) is important to you, and you may miss it because you are in the hospital.
- You just need to talk to someone who has time to listen.
The Department of Spiritual Care is here for you. Our services include:
- Chaplain visits
- Coordination of clergy visits
- Interfaith chapel