Visiting Hours and Guidelines
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call us at 860-210-5000 and ask for the department where you will be a patient, a class participant or where you will have a diagnostic test or procedure.
We recognize that visits with your family and friends are important, so visiting hours are as free of restrictions as we can make them. Changes to the stated hours may be made based on the medical needs of the patient, their roommate or unusual circumstances identified by the medical or nursing staff.
All visitors are asked to bring a photo identification with them whenever visiting the hospital.
Visitors who have symptoms of a cold or infectious disease or who have recently been exposed to a communicable disease are asked to postpone visiting until symptoms subside.
11 am - 8 pm
Children are permitted to visit on these floors with an adult. For babies less than 18 months, please consult the nursing staff.
Please note: For those individuals receiving hospice services, visiting hours are not restricted.
We request that visitors observe certain guidelines for our patients' comfort and recovery, and that of any roommate.
- Patients are permitted two visitors at a time.
- Our campus is smoke-free. Please do not smoke on the hospital grounds or in our buildings.
- Visitors may be asked to leave the room during treatments or examinations.
- Children are permitted to visit with an adult. For babies less than 18 months, consult the nursing staff.
- Patients classified as "isolation" will have visiting hours restricted to their immediate family only. Exceptions can be authorized by the attending physician on a case-by-case basis. Check with the nurses' station before entering a room identified with an isolation sign.
- Patients who want visitors limited should notify their nurse who will post a sign on the door.
Assistance for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing
To ensure effective communication with patients and their companions who are deaf or hard of hearing, we provide appropriate auxiliary aids and services free of charge, such as: sign language and oral interpreters, TTYs, note-takers, computer-assisted real time transcription services, written materials, telephone handset amplifiers, assistive listening devices and systems, telephones compatible with hearing aids, closed caption decoders, and open and closed captioning of New Milford Hospital programs.
Please ask your nurse or other hospital personnel for assistance. Or call:
- Monday through Friday, 8 am to 5 pm, call Human Resources at 860-210-5280 or 860-210-5282.
- After 5 pm, and on weekends and holidays, contact the Hospital Operator at 860-210-5000, and ask for the Administrative House Manager (beeper 4400).
InterpretersIf you need a foreign language interpreter, please notify your nurse.
The hospital subscribes to a Language Line interpretation service that may be used to facilitate communication for a patient or their family. This over-the-phone interpretation provides for English translation into 140 languages, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. You can be assured that interpreters are carefully screened and impartial, maintain high standards of conduct, and will translate your message accurately and completely, and in complete confidence. If you would like to access this service, please notify your nurse.