Danbury Hospital’s fully accredited Pulmonary Function Laboratory, Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program and Pulmonary Physician Practice provides the full range of diagnostic services for pulmonary disease to assess respiratory illnesses and breathing capacity.
We perform specialized services, such as cardiopulmonary exercise testing to measure your degree of fitness and aid in the assessment of shortness of breath; specific diagnostic asthma testing; and testing to determine the need for supplemental oxygen for everyday living or air travel. In addition, our lab specialists offer testing for disability evaluations.
Services we provide include:
- CT lung cancer screening for people at risk for lung cancer
- Endobronchial ultrasound (EBUS)
- Pulmonary function testing (PFT)
- Body plethysmography
- Methacholine, cold air or exercise challenge testing for the diagnosis of asthma
- Expired nitric oxide testing
- Pulmonary exercise testing
- Pulmonary rehabilitation
- Exercise oximetry for oxygen need assessment
- Fit-to-fly test for oxygen requirements during air travel
- Sputum induction
Lung Cancer Services
Danbury Hospital and New Milford Hospital take a comprehensive, multidisciplinary approach to lung cancer care.We offer unique diagnostic services including a combined endobronchial ultrasound and endoscopic ultrasound procedure for the diagnosis and staging of lung cancer based upon the diagnostic model developed by the Mayo Clinic.