Treatments and Procedures
The orthopedic team at New Milford Hospital provides expert treatment, surgical and non-surgical, for the full range of orthopedic conditions. We offer multidisciplinary care for musculoskeletal conditions, including physical therapy and rehabilitation. Among the services we offer are:
- Arthroplasty: Surgery to replace, repair or resurface a joint affected by arthritis.
- Arthroscopy: A minimally invasive surgical technique to repair injury to a joint
- Closed reduction: A non-surgical method of setting a fractured bone in place so it can heal.
- Core decompression: A surgical procedure to treat avascular necrosis by drilling a small hole into the diseased bone, often followed by a bone graft.
- Fixation: Surgery to implant a permanent rod to secure a broken bone.
- Joint replacement and partial joint replacement: Surgery to replace, fully or partially, a damaged joint with an artificial one.
- Medical Management: Medication can be used for pain relief or to address the underlying causes of the inflammation, illness or injury that is causing discomfort.
- Open Reduction and Internal Fixation (ORIF): A two-part surgery to fix broken bones. The first step is putting the bone back in place; the second step is securing it with an internal “fixation” device.
- Physical Therapy (PT) and/or Occupational Therapy (OT): Physical therapy (PT) focuses on helping your injury or impairment to heal, while occupational therapy (OT) focuses on helping the patient perform activities required in daily life.
- Steroid injection: An injection of cortisone to provide pain relief in an inflamed joint.
Discover ways you can improve your health and feel well.More about Feeling Well
Get info on what changes you can make to improve your health and how to make them.More about Living Well
Unlock the power of food to help restore and maintain wellness.More about Eating Well