Home Healthcare Services
We provide nursing, rehabilitation therapy and medical social work to adult patients of all ages who need care after an illness, injury or surgery or for a chronic condition. Our clinical staff (many of whom speak Spanish and Portuguese) uses advanced home healthcare technology. We are state-licensed, Medicare- and Medicaid- certified, and accredited by the Joint Commission.
Though care is provided in the home, we have an admission procedure that includes an extensive assessment of your condition, a thorough evaluation of and discussion about all medications you take, and an assessment of your risk for falls. A plan of care will be developed in collaboration with your doctor. You do not have to have been in the hospital to be eligible for home care services.
In our three affiliated hospitals, we have onsite nurse-liaisons to help make a smooth transition from hospital to home. We also accept referrals from other hospitals, physicians, rehabilitation centers and skilled nursing facilities, patients and family members.
We hire only clinicians who are highly qualified, experienced, and licensed and registered to work in Connecticut; we require extensive, ongoing training. Our home care patients benefit from the latest technological resources available. Each of our nurses, therapists and social workers carries a secure, laptop computer equipped to transmit information to and from your healthcare team (including your doctor). The laptop allows immediate access to proprietary databases about medications and treatments.
Our services include:
- Skilled Nursing: Assessment, treatment and coordination of healthcare services
- Maternal and Child Health Program: Comprehensive medical care and support to expectant mothers, newborns and their families
- Physical Therapy: To help restore physical function
- Occupational Therapy: To help restore abilities and skills of daily living
- Speech Therapy: To help restore speech and language and with swallowing difficulties
- Medical Social Work: Counseling for patients and families, and assistance in identifying community resources to support long term care
- Home Health Aide Visits:For the purpose of bathing and personal care
- Public Health Services: Includes flu vaccines and health screenings
- Philips Lifeline®: A medical response system
We serve patients in the following communities:
- New Canaan
- New Fairfield
- New Milford
Discover ways you can improve your health and feel well.More about Feeling Well
Get info on what changes you can make to improve your health and how to make them.More about Living Well
Unlock the power of food to help restore and maintain wellness.More about Eating Well