To continuously ensure a healthy and safe environment for patients and staff during the COVID-19 pandemic, no visitors are allowed at any Nuvance Health hospital or facility until further notice. Please consider using technology to stay connected and offer support remotely. The following exceptions apply:
- Any patients under age 21 — Two parents or support persons are permitted; only one allowed in the hospital at a time
- Maternity patients — One support person and/or a doula are allowed if the following criteria are met. Doula must follow the same process as support person before being allowed to attend the birth:
- Support person drops the patient off at the appropriate hospital entrance and waits in their vehicle while the clinical team assesses the patient.
- If the patient is in active labor, support partner will be screened for COVID-19 risk factors, including fever, and only allowed to join the patient if they pass the screening.
- Support person can then stay with the patient during labor through discharge from the hospital. If at any time support partner exhibits symptoms of COVID-19, they will be screened again by the clinical team, and may be asked to leave the hospital. At that time, an alternative support person may be allowed, and will have to follow the same screening process.
- Extenuating circumstances — Two visitors are permitted; only one allowed in the hospital at a time:
- The patient’s care team will determine if extenuating circumstances apply and discuss these with the patient and their family/appropriate person.
- Extenuating circumstances may include imminent end-of-life situations, or support person is determined to be essential to the care of the patient/medically necessary (patients with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities, or patients with cognitive impairments including dementia).
All allowable visitors need to meet specific requirements before they are approved to visit, and Nuvance Health care teams will discuss the potential risks and benefits of visiting patients at the bedside. Allowable visitor requirements include:
- If the patient is a parent of a minor child (age 17 and under), one adult family member and one child may be permitted at the patient’s bedside.
- The duration of a single visit may be limited for those who meet extenuating circumstances.
- All allowable visitors will be subject to an active screening for risk factors of COVID-19. Temperatures will be checked. Visitors with symptoms will be asked to go home.
- Approved visitors must stay in the patient’s room at all times, and follow all personal protective equipment (PPE) guidelines as instructed by the care team. If support person exits the room, they may not be permitted to return.
- Single support person is allowed for transportation purposes (drop off and pick up only).
- Although individuals age 70 years or older may meet allowable visitor criteria, they are encouraged not to visit at this time due to their increased risk of COVID-19.
- Visiting hours may change as this situation develops. Please call the hospital to confirm visiting hours before coming to the hospital.
- Any support person/visitor suspected or confirmed to have COVID-19 will not be allowed to visit any patient at the hospital.
- Non-medical visitation — No visitation will be permitted for non-medical purposes such as going to the café. In addition, no food or personal items can be dropped off for patients by visitors unless it’s a communication assistance device (examples: mobile devices, laptops, chargers, glasses, hearing aids).
We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this visitation policy may cause you and your family. This is a very important way to limit the risk of possible exposure to COVID-19 to you, your loved ones, and the community. We know that visitors and loved ones play an essential role as partners in healing and wellness. That’s why this visitation policy will be reevaluated daily and removed as soon as conditions allow.
Visit nuvancehealth.org/coronavirus for the latest information.
This visitation policy is subject to change.