At New Milford Hospital, we are committed to delivering the highest quality care in the safest way possible. We constantly strive for improvement in all we do. We invite you to read some of our success stories:
- New Milford Hospital’s Plow to Plate® Program
- New Milford Hospital’s Emergency Department Expansion
- New Milford Hospital’s Commitment to Patient-Centered Care
Additional Improvement Initiatives
At New Milford Hospital, we use Performance Measures to guide our improvement efforts in specific areas. We also put into place special programs and practices to keep patients safe. All of these practices were adopted because they have been identified as national best practices that decrease the risk of harm to patients and dramatically improve clinical outcomes.
- Hospitalist Program – Hospitalists are doctors in the hospital who solely practice inpatient medicine. By doing so, they remain expert in the unique needs of hospitalized patients. At New Milford Hospital, there is 24/7 in-house hospitalist coverage to attend to the medical needs of patients.
- Computerized Physician Order Entry (CPOE) – CPOE is recognized as a key safety measure that reduces errors at the point of ordering medication. At New Milford Hospital, orders are entered into systems that recognize safe dosing ranges, drug-drug interactions and allergies. In addition, all inpatient medication orders are reviewed and cleared by a clinical pharmacist, prior to administration, to ensure the safety of the medications.
- Electronic Medical Records (EMRs) – EMRs assist in the completeness and availability of medical information across settings and providers. Information is stored electronically and is readily available to be retrieved for future visits. This adds to patient safety through the ready availability of critical information, such as medications, allergies, and health histories, to the entire healthcare team.
- Rapid Response Teams – Rapid Response Teams are teams of providers who can be called to immediately respond to the bedside of a patient who is experiencing sudden changes in their medical condition. At New Milford Hospital, we have a team of clinical experts who respond to requests to provide additional support. Rapid assessments are conducted, and fast determinations are made regarding the best location for the patient to continue receiving care.