Western Connecticut Health Network’s guiding philosophy of medical excellence and compassionate care is deeply rooted in our ties to the community and is fueled by the community’s philanthropic investment in its facilities, programs and patient services.
Endowed chairs enable us to attract and retain the highest quality clinicians, foster innovation, scholarship and research, and fund important and creative projects that imagine and shape the future.
Through the establishment of an endowed chair, the endowed chair donors become part of the fabric of Western Connecticut Health Network, leaving a legacy of caring while honoring an outstanding medical professional for his or her accomplishments. Endowed chairs are established with a minimum gift of $1 million, providing a perpetual source of funding from investment earnings while maintaining the principal.
Our Endowed Chairs
- Bedoukian Endowed Chair for Innovation and Research at WCHN
- Fred and Irmi Bering Endowed Chair in Minimally Invasive Surgery at Danbury Hospital
- Carmen L. and Peter Buck Endowed Chair in Surgery at WCHN
- Linda and Stephen R. Cohen Endowed Chair in Vascular Surgery at Danbury Hospital
- Colabella Family Endowed Chair in Pediatrics at WCHN
- Andrew Cruz Endowed Chair in Palliative Care at WCHN
- Ervie and Carolyn Hawley Endowed Chair in Orthopaedic Spine Surgery at Danbury Hospital
- Harold and Cora Spratt Endowed Chair in Colon and Rectal Surgery at Danbury Hospital
- Christian J. Trefz Family Endowed Chair in Global Health at WCHN
- Beatrice Hofstadter White Endowed Chair for Nursing Education and Research at WCHN